Tring Community Energy
Tring’s first community energy scheme coming to a roof near you!
Solar PV renewable energy scheme owned and managed by the community
TriCE aims aim to instal and commission a 50kWp scheme by December 2014
We have permission from Tring School proceed to technical investigation phase for installation of solar PV on school roof
First investors signed up
Don’t miss out!
Chance for local investment in a community project
Opportunity for investor returns
Are You Interested?
For more information and to go on our update e-Newsletter please e-mail
These are mainly social – investing in a community renewable energy scheme that will sell energy to Tring school at a price below commercial rate.
Annual financial return around 4% plus large tax break under SEIS scheme
What Tring School Will Get
· Opportunity for pupils and staff to engage with the project alongside their Eco-School development
· Electricity generated by the panels at a price below commercial cost and fixed for 20 years – and free electricity after that
· Real time display of generating level in position of school’s choice
TriCE - Some Milestones
· First directors appointed
· Feasibility of Tring school roof May – July
· Company Rules, FCA Registration, Tendering etc July – Aug
· Fundraising September – October
· Installation November
· Commissioning December 2014
What Can You Do?
· Volunteer to help e.g. publicity September
· Invest! (£250 - £25,000 – all investments welcome)
Don’t miss out!
Do you want to live more sustainably?
In a more sustainable town?
In a more sustainable world?
It IS possible! But it's easier (and much more fun) to do it together.
This is where the Transition Towns movement comes in.
Tring is the world's fifty-first transition town - where communities get together and take the first steps from a wasteful, oil and car dependent consumer society to a safer, more responsible and happier one.
We only need to make small changes for big effects.
Tring in Transition ("TINT") is made up of action groups that try out all kinds of ways to become more sustainable. The action groups are:
Check out their pages and see what you can do to make some changes in your life.
Even better - JOIN US.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are non political, non religious, non profit - and are supported by Tring Town Council, Dacorum Borough Council, Hertfordshire County Council Grassroots initiative, and Chilterns AONB Sustainability initiative. Our aims are endorsed by Tring Town Council which itself has signed up to the 1010 initiative
There are now over 300 tranisition communities in the world. For more information see
Copyright 2010 Tring In Transition. Designed by Rob Schafer